Makes 6 servings of Cherry Bublanina or Tresnova Bublania
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 large eggs divided, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto or other almond liqueur (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 pound of washed, pitted sour cherries
- confectioners’ sugar
1. Place rack in center of oven and heat to 350 degrees. Butter or lightly coat with cooking spray a 9″ x 9″ baking pan. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar and yolks until light and fluffy. Add liqueur, if using, and salt, mixing well.
2. In a clean medium bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff. Alternately fold in egg whites and flour into butter – egg mixture.
3. Turn batter into prepared pan and scatter cherries evenly over top. Lightly press down cherries into batter until partially covered. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cut into 6 equal pieces. Serve warm or cold dusted with the confectioners’ sugar.